Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
This was written for a slow cooker, but provably works in an instant pot.
Adapted from here.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 15oz. cans cannellini beans
- 1 15oz. can pinto beans
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 16oz. jar salsa verde
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Mince garlic and add to cooker. Dice jalapeno (remove seeds first if you want it less spicy) and add to cooker. Put the whole chicken breast in too.
- Drain, rinse, and add cannellini and pinto beans. Add cumin, oregano, cayenne, and black pepper. Add salsa over top.
- Add broth over all and stir.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, low for 8 hours, or in instant pot for 30 minutes (should take more like 50 minutes with heat up time).
- Remove chicken breast, shred it separately with two forks, and add it back. Mix it in.
- Put 1 tsp of cornstarch and 1 tbsp of water to a small bottle, seal, shake, and add to chili. Stir to thicken. Add more to thicken more.
white_chicken_chili.txt · Last modified: 2023/01/04 15:28 by tkbletsc