Thai Chicken Stir-fry with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned & cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 to 4 cups of sliced broccoli, spinach, and/or celery (any mix, though including celery helps a lot)
- Roasted unsalted peanuts (optional)
- In a small bowl, blend peanut butter, water, soy sauce and sugar; set aside.
- Add chicken, stir-fry until firm and white, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and pepper.
- Add broccoli/spinach/celery, stir-fry until bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter mixture. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce is smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Optionally add cumin/curry powder to taste.
- Optionally serve with peanuts on top.
thai_chicken_stir-fry_with_spicy_peanut_sauce.txt · Last modified: 2013/06/16 06:32 by tkbletsc