- Preheat to 375 F
- Remove giblets
- Wash bird
- Dry bird
- Apply butter to bird
- Season bird with some mix of:
- Poultry seasoning
- White pepper
- Put bird in a roasting pan resting on carrots and celery with broth (latter optional)
- Roast at 375 F until internal temperature is >= 165 F (or even even 180 F)
- 1.5 hours for 3 lbs, 6 hours for 6 lbs, interpolate/extrapolate as needed
- Rest bird for 15 minutes
- Roast poultry, obtain drippings.
- Discard any vegetables the bird may have rested upon.
- Pour goo into bowl. Add 2 tbsp of fat back into the pan. Skin remaining fat and discard. Pour juices back into pan.
- Scrape crap off the bottom.
- Apply medium (?) heat.
- Stir in 2 tbsp flour and whisk in 1.5 cup broth.
- Add some mix of sage, tarragon, poultry seasoning, white pepper, salt, and/or ginger.
- Boil and simmer to thicken (~3min).
roast_chicken.txt · Last modified: 2012/06/15 11:37 by tkbletsc