Garmin nuvi GPS series
The Garmin nuvi 260 GPS shows up as 2 FAT drives (internal flash and SD) when connected with a standard USB-miniUSB cable.
Links and notes
- The Web Updater will of course update your firmware, but it can also be used to add voices, including the British English Text-to-Speech, so you can pretend to be James May on Top Gear.
- Press and hold on the speedometer in the trip computer screen and you'll get a diagnostic mode, which can be used to look at stats and record a travel history (from this blog post)
Find crap put places by people, http://www.geocaching.com/. That site has its own dumb format (LOC files), any the nuvi (and most other Garmin devices) want the GPX format. The site will emit GPX files if you give them money, but I'd rather just convert the two formats with this loc2gpx script.
Add vehicle icons
- Get vehicles from http://www.garmin.com/vehicles
- Attach device, it shows up as a drive.
- Move raw files to X:\garmin\vehicles\