Chicken Laffa Wrap with Spinach and Pine Nuts
Untested. From "Fresh Flavors from Israel".
- 12oz ground chicken (preferably deboned thighs)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, roasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 hot pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp cumin
- salt + pepper
- 1 lb fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into strips
- 2 pieces laffa (Iraqi pita bread) each cut into two OR 4 tortillas
- Tahini dip
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, stir fry chicken
- Add onions and fry for ~10 minutes.
- Add garlic, pine nuts, and cranberries, season with the hot pepper, coriander, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add spinach and basil.
- Toss for two minutes and remove from heat.
- Fill wraps, serve with tahini.
chicken_laffa_wrap_with_spinach_and_pine_nuts.txt · Last modified: 2011/11/27 13:56 by tkbletsc