Table of Contents
Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
Adapted from this paywalled recipe plus changes from Amanda (both sourced at the end).
- Diced tomatoes: either 2 cup fresh, or one 28oz can (drained)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 lb chicken breast filets
- Balsamic glaze (pre-made)
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Combine marinade stuff. Hammer chicken to 3/4in thick, put in marinade, cover, chill, wait 1 hour. Meanwhile…
- Combine bruschetta marinara stuff, set aside
- Preheat grill.
- After 1 hour, pull chicken out, dry, brush with olive oil and black pepper. (Maybe add more stuff here? Some cayenne, maybe?) Grill em.
- Cook spaghetti, drain, then add the bruschetta marinara and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Combine over medium heat.
- To plate, layer: spaghetti, chicken, a bit more parmesan, drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Double the Bruschetta Marinara recipe to make enough for a full box of pasta.
To make things simpler:
- You can buy balsamic glaze and skip that whole part.
- Buy canned diced tomatoes – one large can and one small can. Drain the liquid in a colander, and the remaining tomatoes come out to 4 cups which is how much you need for a doubled recipe (one box pasta)
- You can buy pre-chopped/lightly dried basil (not the same thing as the dried basil you'd find in the spice section! It's with produce). If using this, use half as much as it calls for. So for a doubled recipe, use only 1/4 cup. If using fresh basil, 1/2 cup.
- In the "Finishing the dish" section and step 7, you can super simplify it – you don't need to prepare each serving individually. Omit the 8 tbsp of olive oil and the shaved parmesan. Pour the entire Bruschetta Marinara mixture into the cooked pasta, stir and let it heat up over low heat. Once heated, add all of the grated cheese – 1/2 cup (=8 tbsp) for a full box of pasta – and mix in. Then either serve on separate dishes or in a big serving bowl, either way you want to top with chicken, drizzle balsamic glaze and sprinkle with grated cheese, and throw on some parsley if you're feeling fancy.
bruschetta_chicken_pasta.txt · Last modified: 2023/01/15 08:29 by tkbletsc