Japanese Pan Noodles
Caramelized udon noodles in a sweet soy sauce with broccoli and carrots. Asian sprouts, black sesame and cilantro garnish. Based on this.
- 3 cups udon noodles
- Flank steak, thinly sliced OR chopped chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup (2-inch) julienne-cut carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 large cloves minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2-3 drops, toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup Asian sprouts
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
Cook noodles per package directions.
Powder the beef or chicken in cornstarch and stir fry until done.
Add the carrots & broccoli to the beef/chicken. Stir fry 2-3 minutes and set aside.
In another pan, saute the ginger & garlic for about a minute. Add the well drained noodles and let carmelize.
Add the red chili flakes, sesame oil, teriyaki sauce, and rice wine vinegar. Add the meat+veggies, bean sprouts, sesame seeds, and cilatro; toss to coat well.